“Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” [Sir William Wallace]
These 25 Crazy Bucket List Ideas will give you some real thought-provoking suggestions to ponder for the upcoming months and years— so that you can live your life to the fullest!
These Crazy bucket list ideas aren’t in any particular order. Here we go!
1. Do the Polar Plunge. Last year, participants in this sub-temperature dive of a lifetime helped raise over one million dollars towards the Special Olympics in Virginia, USA.
2. Hike to the Top of Mount Haleakala. (Location: Maui, Hawaii Elevation: 10,000 ft). You might say, “Sure, you don’t have to twist my arm to go Maui. But ‘crazy?’ what about Everest?” Maybe… let’s save that one for the “Extra Crazy Bucket List”. This is pretty do-able, and is a real accomplishment, for sure.
3. Go to Thailand for Their Nation-Wide Water Fight. It’s called, Songkran, and I didn’t even believe it myself. But for three full days the entire country embarks on a full-on water fight! I first heard about on Travel Like a Boss podcast— episode 30.
This is definitely on my bucket list! Check out this amazing video, and see for yourself.
And while you’re in Thailand, you might as well cross this off your bucket list too…
4. Take Your Picture with a Tiger. Travel Blogger, author, podcaster, and entrepreneur, JohnnyFD— who is also well known for his MMA skills, takes his picture here with an actual bengal tiger. You might think, “That’s crazy! I could never do that!” Don’t be too sure. In Chiang Mai, Thailand you can visit, “Tiger Kingdom”, and actually walk into a tiger den and have your picture taken with them.
Tell the truth… you know you’d love to see your Facebook/Instagram friends back home with that ‘jaw-dropping’ expression— in utter disbelief.
Check out JohnnyFD’s website: www.johnnyfd.com and his podcast, Travel Like a Boss: www.travellikeabosspodcast.com where he teaches you how to become a location independent entrepreneur, and how to start your own online business.
See ‘Tiger Kingdom’ in Chiang Mai, Thailand… Up close
5. Write a Book. Nowadays it’s easier than ever to publish your own book. Upload to Amazon Kindle in nearly any format, and they’ll convert it for you. Don’t want to be an “author”? What about that journal of yours? You could hire a virtual assistant to type up all your chicken-scratch entries. (Don’t worry, they probably don’t know you.) Then get it back in a text document, and edit out all the embarrassing parts. Or… leave them in, and it could be a best seller!
6. Go On the Conan Show. “No way?! Are you serious? That’s crazy.” Well, that’s what this article is all about, silly. Go to his tickets site:
http://teamcoco.com/tickets, look at the calendar, book it, and do it.
7. Learn to Surf. Listen, no matter what age you’re at— you can’t afford to allow excuses to rule your life. I learned to surf on an 11 ft. surfboard! (That’s 3.35 meters to be exact). You could bring your kitchen table on it, or your sewing machine, for that matter. You’ll be SURFING in no time! Here in Maui where I live, you can take surf lessons for as little as US$9.00.
8. Go Skydiving. Crazy? Yep. My own Step Mom, Charlene Gorringe, took to the sky because of this being on her own bucket list. Be inspired! There’s nothing that you can’t do. But you’ve got to get it on your crazy bucket list, and let the adventure begin.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” [Mark Twain]
9. Run with Bulls in Spain. This is just about as crazy as it gets. But then again… traffic in Los Angeles has the same sort of feel at times.
The San Fermin Festival takes place in Pamplona, which is the capital of Navarre, Spain. This ‘run for your life’ thrill-seeking adventure takes place each year on July 6, and ends on July 14. Put a check-mark on your bucket list for this one, (if you’re still alive), and you’ll be sure to have a crazy story to tell for years to come.
Too ‘Crazy’? Well then… how about just watching them from a safe distance, enjoy the sights, and then at the end of August…
10. Join in the Biggest Food Fight in the World. Got ketchup? Ever seen those pictures where everyone is literally covered in tomatoes? Well, this is… that! Yep.
La Tomatina is thē food fight of all food fights. This will make your school day food fights seem like a recess game of hop-scotch. La Tomatina is held every year in Buñol Valencia, Spain. Bring a change a clothes.
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop to look around once in a while you could miss it.” [Ferris Bueller] [Tweet]
11. Spend the Day on Your Very Own Island. This always sounded like something from, “Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous”, until I learned better. Because you don’t have to be rich or famous to do this.
One country in particular, The Kingdom of Tonga, is made up of over 170 islands. For $100. Pa’anga = US$55.00 you can hire a boat to take you out to a totally deserted island, and will pick you up at the scheduled time.
Kind of… crazy-romantic, right? You could also pretend you are Tom Hanks on Castaway, and scream… “WILLLSSOOOONNNNNNN!!!!” at the top of your lungs. And nobody’s is going to hear you.
Lost time is never found again.” [Benjamin Franklin]
12. Become a Celebrity by Recording and Selling Your Own Album. Because of the e-commerce explosion in recent years, it’s never been easier to get your digital product online, and out to the world. Instead of saying, “Oh, I know I should record my music…” Just do it. That’s what I did. And now? …I’m an instant ‘rock star’ 😉 [Click on the photo below or the link below to listen to the music, or to buy]. www.todayicanchange.com/mona
“Alas for those that never sing, but die with all their music in them.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
13. Go on a 21-Day Juice Fast. Call it a “cleanse”, call it a “juice-feast”, but all I know is that it will change your life.
15. Propose or Renew Your Vows in the Eiffel Tower. Now, guys… you might not be into baguettes or berets, but take a hint— there’s nothing more “romantic” to a woman than the word, Paris.
16. Overcome Your Fears By Swimming with Sharks. Sometimes when everything within us is screaming, “No! You’re going to fail! Don’t do it! This is crazy!!” It’s then that we must take a deep breath, and boldly take the plunge. The Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia has a number of available tours. Do it, and check this off your bucket list.
17. Jump Off a Waterfall. Sure it’s not “too crazy”, right? But how many people do you know who have actually done it? Just make sure you go with a tour group, or know some locals before you jump into uncertain waters. (…Duh).
18. Go On a Motorcycle Adventure in Vietnam. In this post, “Top 10 Most Popular Goals“, these two young adults did it— and they didn’t even know HOW to ride a motorcycle when they planned their trip! Can I just say this? Don’t be so limited by what you think you can, or cannot do. Break those barriers, and shift your mind into gear today!
Enjoy yourself. It’s later than you think.” —Chinese Proverb
20. Climb “The Heavenly Stairs”. Why? Because it’s one of the most dangerous hikes on the planet. It’s crazy! But hey— what a nice view! This is the Mount Huashan Plank Trail, in China. One wrong move here, and you might be in Heaven quicker than you think.
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count— It’s the life in your years.” [Abraham Lincoln] [Tweet]
21. Spend an Entire Day Holding Orphan Babies. This one could be ‘crazy emotional’. But in Pemba, Mozambique, you can spend a week or two working with the poor, and getting your mind off of your own problems. Because of the increase of HIV/AIDS, babies and children alike are being orphaned every single day. You could work with any organization, but the one I know of is www.irisglobal.org.
22. Be in Chicago on St. Patrick’s Day. This is when the entire Chicago River is dyed green.
23. Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride. During the first week of October, just imagine yourself floating above New Mexico, and experiencing one of the most photographed events in the world.
24. Go Underwater in Australia’s “Cage of Death”. Submerged within a completely transparent tube, you’ll have the thrill of your life as giant crocodiles attempt to kill you. I told you this was a Crazy Bucket List of Ideas!
And finally… Last, but surely not least.
25. Get Your Hair Groomed By a Monkey. My cousin first had this done in the Philippines. These little guys are trained to look for bugs and lice in your hair. It sounds strange, but if you talk to someone who’s had “their hair done” like this, they’ll tell you… “It actually felt good.”
- “This actually feels kind-a…. good!”
Well, there you have it. 25 Crazy Bucket List Ideas! Do you have a favorite? Or, do you have one that’s not on my list, but that you have on your own personal bucket list? Let me know in the comments.